Saturday, February 23, 2008

Internet Autobahn next exit...

I got a little excited and posted that I was having the site survey for TowerStream completed on Friday, the 22nd. Well, that was wishful thinking and it will be on Monday, the 25th. After the survey TowerStream has suggested the install may happen as early as Wednesday.

Let me say my biggest concern so far is TowerStream's early termination clause. They want the remaining payments for the remaining months of the term of the agreement. This seems a bit excessive.

Also, after speaking to the sales rep and badgering him with questions, I did learn that they only have 75 current installs in Chicago. Venturality will be #76 (should I feel special? or a little concerned as we are early adopters?) TowerStream guarantees 99.99% uptime in their SLA - I hope this is the case!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was 99.999%, the five nines? Also they're pouring capital into ramping a sales force and new facility, so I'm not surprised that they're being a little careful with their forward projections by requiring termination fees.

As an investor I've been watching this company's customer relations for a while, and the majority are very positive.

I'm curious, what kind of bundles did/will they offer?